dog kiss

dog kiss

Friday, February 7, 2014

Well, Hello Friday!

One down, only 11 more to go! Let's go back to one week ago today.... There was talk of burgers and beer and sushi and pizza.  Wings and cheese and bacon and chocolate.  And beer.  How does all that sound, only one measly week later? We've all been faced with temptation throughout the week, whether it's M&Ms by the bushel at a conference or chocolate chip cookies by the bucket at the nurse's station, but we pushed forward, chomping our broccoli and diced chicken as others' glucose levels took the hit for us.

Fridays are always a bit difficult at first.  It's a day of transition for most people, and the unofficial "best day of the week."  People celebrate, usually in bars, restaurants or at each others' houses.  Here's another challenge within the Challenge: Don't become a hermit.  Find a way to socialize with others, to have fun, but not to mess up your hard work.  If you have friends getting together, go ahead and get together with them.  Either bring your own food, already measured, or make it your cheat and eat only the foods you are allowed to eat, without measuring.  Step away from the water bottle, and pour your water in... A GLASS! The top rack of my dishwasher has had 2 coffee cups in it every cycle, because we are drinking only out of our water bottles!

Also, take the time to notice what feels better.  The dark circles under my eyes are virtually gone.  My skin is looking rosier already. Some of you have told me you feel yourself shrinking already.  Stay off the scale, it's too soon.  The numbers will only either give you a false sense of security or feeling of futility.  Don't bother, there will be weighing later when it matters.  I can guarantee that if I stepped on my scale, I would use whatever number showed up to validate my particular insecurity at that moment, or use it as comparison toward future weeks.  It's not important this week.  I know that I feel better, I'm sleeping better, I'm working through the challenging moments, and I've had a successful week.

Keep at it, only 11 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment