dog kiss

dog kiss

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Becoming One with the Kitchen

I sent my sister a couple of texts regarding plans at 8:00 this morning.  She finally responded at 10:00 am with "I couldn't understand how you were up sending texts at 8 am on a Sunday, and then I remembered that you and Chris were on your diet and not drinking - it was so out of character for you to be doing anything that early."  The theme of Day 2 of this challenge, Superbowl Sunday, is Winning!


We have used every appliance, bowl, pan, and the grill in 8 hours today.  I am quite familiar in the confines of my kitchen.  If I made it out of there, it wasn't long before a food chore was pulling me back in to the triangulated area between my sink, stove, and refrigerator.  The dishwasher has been loaded, ran, and emptied.  We smoked a brisket, cooked up some pork carnitas for the second time in 2 days, and also cooked for the extended family that is coming for the game tonight.  For the first time, I made my homemade macaroni and cheese with kielbasa, and "salt to taste" was like a gigantic STOP sign in front of me.  No worries, that's what the people who will be eating it are there for. 


Here's a big question: "Why am I peeing so much?!" Because your kidneys, thyroid and other glands are trying to adjust to the tsunami that is flooding your internal beach.  Right now, they are all working overtime to get rid of the excess water.  In a few days, your tissues, mainly your muscles and skin, will begin to soak up that water, and your kidneys will have far less to get rid of.  You will be peeing less, in a short time.  In the meantime, make it your habit to get your water intake squared away an hour or two before you hit the sack. 


Keep at it.  Stay prepared.  Cook in bulk, so leftovers are quick and easy meals.  Day 2 almost done - only 82 more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment